Tampa Bay Lightning Jobs
Current available jobs in Sales & Marketing:
» Account Representative- Tampa Bay Lightning - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, FL)
» Partnership Development Director - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, FL)
» Temporary Graphic Designer - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, FL)
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for the creation, development and execution of the marketing plans for the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Tampa Bay Storm while also contributing to the sales and consumer marketing success of all events at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. This position will manage and further develop the already strong brands for the Lightning, Storm and Times Forum, along with Tampa Bay Sports and Entertainment, our parent company. Direct departmental oversights encompass marketing and promotions, digital, social and grass roots efforts, including the Lightning’s community hockey outreach program, along with creative services and design
- Responsible for the employment and management of the managers of Promotions, Marketing, Digital and Social Media and Creative Services, outlining specific objectives to support the strategic sales and marketing plans for the organization and its member teams
- Responsible for maintaining strong industry relationships in the fields of sales, marketing, e-commerce and digital/social media in order to lead and manage our organization
- Responsible for creating and managing the application of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm and Tampa Bay Times Forum brands
- Function as liaison between creative agency and in-house marketing and creative services teams to develop and apply annual look and feel for organization’s external marketing initiatives
- Responsible for the execution of the organization’s advertising and promotional efforts, including in-arena, in-market and via broadcast platforms
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with team/arena vendors, including the advertising agency of record
- Responsible for the organization’s media buying, leveraging the organization’s brand to secure best rates and the most effective strategies – with an increasing focus in the emerging digital advertising medium
- Participate in strategic planning of general market sales activity and develop partnerships to maximize ticket sales programs, including new business and renewal campaigns along with group and single game initiatives
- Assist ticket sales and suite sales to outline plans, timelines, direct mail/electronic mail programs, collateral development, etc.
- Coordinate promotional campaigns utilizing radio, television, print and digital partners to maximize ticket sales for Lightning and Storm
- Responsible for developing electronic marketing initiatives for data capture, sales communication, promotions, etc. to build effective sales and marketing campaigns
- Responsible for management and on-going development of organization’s grass-roots marketing efforts, including promotions teams, mobile marketing assets, mascots and energy teams
Community Hockey Outreach
- Responsible for management of all community hockey platforms and personnel, maximizing opportunities to grow the game of hockey and the number of participants at all amateur levels in the Tampa Bay area
- Work with several local ice rinks and their managers to create and develop programming focused on increasing youth participation with growing the Lightning brand throughout this community
- Lead increased marketing efforts to grow participation and revenue opportunities for existing Lightning summer camps and in-season development clinics
Digital/Social Media & Marketing
- Responsible for the graphic look of all websites and creating new initiatives to enhance our web presence while identifying and developing new revenue opportunities
- Responsible for outlining social and digital media opportunities, recommending integrated programs to maximize these initiatives
- Responsible for quality of all marketing collateral for the team and arena, including style, copy editing, functionality and utility
- Responsible for working with all department managers on printing and design of collateral materials to insure budgets are maximized and costs are contained
- Create and manage procedures and systems to insure quality standards are met according to team and arena style guides
- Other duties as assigned by EVP of Marketing and Communications
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Do you have a minimum of 10 years in a management role?
2. Yes/No: Do you have a minimum of 10 years in Sports Marketing with a “major league” professional organization?
3. Yes/No: Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience in setting, managing and meeting multi-million dollar budgets?
The Account Representative is responsible for the sale of new season ticket memberships, group accounts, mini plans, and premium seating via phone, email marketing, face-to-face presentations, in-arena tours, and out-of-office appointments. They are also responsible for generating and implementing new and creative ideas to increase ticket sales revenue.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue through the sale of season ticket memberships, mini plans, group tickets, and executive suite sales.
- Prospect for new business on a daily basis through cold calling, networking, appointment setting, and referrals.
- Utilize and create effective sales contacts.
- Use proactive tactics to create opportunities for new business and with existing customers.
- Develop database for Sales and Services by maintaining complete and accurate customer records.
- Perform daily operations and service of all existing accounts.
- Assist in the coordination of sales promotions.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must meet or exceed all predetermined activity and sales goals.
- Represent the Tampa Bay Lightning and develop lasting relationships at community events.
- Perform sales functions during all Tampa Bay Lightning and Tampa Bay Storm home games.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to manage numerous business relationships in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Ticketmaster, Archtics, Microsoft Excel, and Word experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate teamwork and positive attitude.
- Passion for sales, creativity, and professionalism.
- Desire to be the best at what you do while working in a team environment.
- Night and weekend hours required when needed.
Individual will be responsible for prospecting, pursuing and developing new sponsorship partnerships for the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm and the Tampa Bay Times Forum. This individual must possess a strong corporate sales background as well as excellent communication skills with the ability to connect to a wide variety of audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prospects, pursues and develops new business accounts in key categories;
- Achieve individual revenue goal by closing new business and upselling current accounts;
- Develop long lasting and credible relationships thru consultative selling and understanding of clients key objectives and brand strategies;
- Demonstrate superior presenting skills;
- Focus on development of specific inventory, i.e. packaging techniques and new inventory to help exceed targeted sales goals for individual and team;
- Develop solution based proposals to sell all teams and arena assets;
- Understanding and willingness to work with other core departments: Ticketing, Suites, Marketing. Digital, PR, Finance and Community;
- Work closely with activation team to develop new ideas and concepts to meet clients objectives;
- Monitors the competitive marketplace including local and national sports, media and entertainment outlets;
- Accepts accountability in reaching individual budgets on a yearly basis;
- Understanding of net revenue goals and yields per account and industry;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (MBA or Masters preferred)
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Minimum of five (5) years combined experience in corporate sponsorship sales
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple sales accounts from conception to completion
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer software)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with emphasis on business writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and with others whom you have no direct authority over
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings, and weekends
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 5 years experience in corporate sponsorship sales
2. Do you have exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer software)
3. What is your highest level of education?
We are looking for a contract graphic designer with creativity, strong drive and the ability to work well in a team environment. This position works closely with all Marketing team members and must be able to collaborate on projects, take direction and manage workload in a timely manner. The ideal candidate would demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects from inception to completion in a fast-paced environment. The Tampa Bay Times Forum is Tampa’s premier entertainment venue. Home to the National Hockey League’s Tampa Bay Lightning and the Arena Football League’s Tampa Bay Storm, the arena hosts the nation’s top musical acts, family shows, and collegiate athletic events.
- Design of original creative elements
- Ability to work within style guides to carry out the continuity of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm and Tampa Bay Times Forum brands throughout all collateral
- Design projects include but are not limited to: Season Tickets, Direct mail (postcards and brochures), Newspaper ads, Game Day Programs, E-mail marketing components, Internet (banners, pop-ups and other design elements), Sponsorship elements, Promotional items, Internal communication pieces;
- E-mail campaign layout and design;
- Precise proofing of all materials;
- Participate in marketing planning meetings and prepare summary of action items as required
- Assist with department administrative functions as necessary (sending print-ready artwork to vendors, printing necessary documents)
- Meet company deadlines and deliverables on time
- Think conceptually, understand brand strategy and apply to all areas of projects
- Prepare files for offset printing; digital output and FTP file transfer
- Capable of working on multiple design projects at a given time and execute quickly;
- Assisting in maintaining and establishing design department policies;
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing department
- Strong graphic design and production capabilities, including at least two years’ experience as a Graphic Designer
- Expertise using the Adobe Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), and Microsoft Office
- Strong technical proficiency working in a Mac environment
- Flexibility in terms of handling a variety of assignments under tight deadlines while maintaining a strong focus on branding, consistency and quality
- Excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and writing abilities
- Independent, creative problem-solver
- Highly organized, motivated and responsible with good time and project management abilities
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a cross-team environment
Please include portfolio links on your resume.