Tampa Bay Lightning Jobs
Current available jobs in Internships:
» Mobile Marketing Internship - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, FL)
· Experience working in the Community Relations and Foundation department gaining a broader understanding of the non-profit world through sports gaining knowledge of fundraising, target-themed events, and budgeting.
· Knowledge and understanding of the Lightning Foundation events such as the Bolt Run, Glitz & Sticks, and other events as scheduled.
· Involvement with coordination of the meet and greet, hospital visits, and player signings.
· Knowledge and understanding of the merchandise donation process.
· Gain experience working game night events.
· Tracking, coordinating, and fulfilling all merchandise donation requests for the Tampa Bay Lightning and Tampa Bay Storm.
· Work first-hand with the Community Relations and Foundation Coordinator to assure appropriate items are given and are distributed in a timely manner for the more than 1,500 local community events that take place each year.
· Responsible for assisting with all events the Foundation and Community Relations team is involved with including fundraising activities, publicity, and promotional efforts.
· Assist with player appearances.
· Assist with local charities and other organizations in the community.
· Schedule and attend community meetings and functions.
· Assist with give-aways and other prize packages.
· Work home game nights as scheduled for in-arena fundraising events/promotions.
· Any other administrative duties as needed.
· Must be currently enrolled as a student in a college or university, preferably as a Junior or Senior.
· Interest and/or passion for working for a sports organization.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to multi task and work on a number of different projects.
· Must be a team player.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work on a Full Time basis?
· Understand the different facets of Sports Marketing
· Knowledge and understanding of time-management
· Knowledge and understanding of grassroots marketing efforts
· Knowledge and understanding of professional communication with all staff and fans
· Demonstrate punctuality, dependability, initiative, organization, and prioritization
Reporting directly to the Mobile Marketing Coordinator, the Mobile Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting with all community involvement from a grassroots standpoint. This entails aiding in the set-up of all mobile marketing efforts while out at events such as fairs/festivals, charity events, hockey clinics, etc. While at events, the Mobile Marketing Intern will be responsible for helping to man the Rolling Thunder vehicle and assist fans with any questions or concerns that they may have. They will also aid with office duties for the Marketing department .
· Help with maintaining mobile marketing vehicle (stocking promotional items, cleaning/organizing vehicle)
· Help with set-up of mobile marketing vehicle at grassroots events
· Help man the table while at all grassroots events (mingle with fans, answer questions, etc.)
· Help with building the Rolling Thunder calendar (finding local events, coordinate with contacts, etc.)
· Assist with duties at certain Lightning home games
· General office duties as assigned by Sports Marketing department
· Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and team players
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds and perform some manual labor
· Must have flexible schedule and be willing to work office hours, all grassroots events, some Lightning home games, as well as work weekends and nights