Current available jobs in
Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
Recruiting Assistant - Part-Time - Tampa Bay Lightning (Tampa, FL)
The primary role of the Recruiting Assistant will be to assist the Talent Coordinator in all aspects of recruiting, screening and interviewing potential candidates for open positions as well as onboarding new hires for TBSE and Tampa Bay Entertainment Properties (TBEP). This role will help facilitate a seamless introduction of new hires into organizational culture by thorough follow-through of all onboarding activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the staffing process by working with hiring managers and Talent Coordinator to identify staffing needs & assist in job description updates.
- Recruit, interview, and refer selected candidates for open positions within TBSE and TBEP
- Set up ongoing job fairs and recruitment events by securing meeting spaces and other resources for hiring managers
- Leverage various resources to source qualified candidates including the Internet, social media, job fairs, community-based organizations, print media, and formal/informal networks
- Facilitate the communication pipeline with targeted and selected candidates through the new hire and onboarding process
- Conduct background and reference checks, communicate status of selection process to candidates, and extend employment offers to candidates
- Prepare detailed reports related to staffing and retention
- Assist with all manual and electronic administrative duties associated with new hires
- Assist with the facilitation of the new hire orientation process including:
- Disseminating relevant staff messaging via email and ABI
- Providing brief building tour of relevant work, parking and break areas
- ABI scheduling and attendance tutorial
- Issuance of useful work-related resources: guides/maps/glossary of terms
- Issue required work-related equipment in collaboration with department management processes
- Assist with various employee relations activities when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Human Resources or related field from an accredited college or university
- Basic understanding of HR principals, techniques and procedures
- Ability to work flexible work schedules to include late afternoon, evening and weekends to accommodate ongoing arena event schedule.
- Reliable transportation to and from multiple work sites including arena, USF campus and various area job fairs and recruiting events.
- Results orientation and strong customer service skills
- Strong internet and social media orientation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish/maintain productive working relationships across the organization
- Professional attitude and interpersonal skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality and use of discretion
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a basic understanding of HR principles, techniques, and procedures?
2. Are you able to work a flexible schedule including late afternoons, evenings, and weekends?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings